Showing posts with label Excel error. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Excel error. Show all posts

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8000401a.

While working with excel in one of my SharePoint site with excel, I got an error as “Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8000401a” as shown the image below
















This is the issue related to permissions for excel application in the server. We can fix the issue by the steps below.

Open Component services by entering dcomcnfg in Run.

In Component Services navigate to Component Services->Computers->My Computer->DCOM Config->Microsoft Excel Application. Right click and select Properties option as shown below.





























Select “Identity” in top, “Which user account do you want...” section, select “This user” and enter the account having admin control on the machine.


In the security section, Under "Launch and Activation Permissions", Choose "Customize", Click "Edit" button, Add the everyone account and add all the Permissions as shown below.



Do the same thing in "Access Permissions" and "Configuration Permissions". Now we can run excel without errors. 

Hope this helps.





Saturday, March 21, 2015

Exception from hresult 0x800a03ec excel - Error ‘Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file’ while accessing Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library

We got this error with SharePoint 2007 farm custom coding. Code downloads all the list items to excel template. Generally we can see this error with rows updating in excel. But we haven’t changed anything from DEV to PROD. We have investigated the error in SharePoint logs and Event logs.
We are seeing the error as there are several possible reasons: 
·           The file name or path does not exist.
·           The file is being used by another program.
·           The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook.
After checking the issue. We have found that there is the error with excel service. To fix that we have to create a folder.

If we are running in Windows Server 2008 64-bit/R2,
·           Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile folder and create the following directory “Desktop”
If we are running in Windows Server 32-bit
·           Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop folder and create the following directory “Desktop”

If still you have the issue, you have to change the security setting to run excel application using following steps,

·           Start –> enter DCOMCNFG.exe to open Component Service
·           This will bring up the component services window, expand out "Console Root" -> "Computers" -> "DCOM Config"
·           Find "Microsoft Excel Application" in the list of components.
·           Right click on the entry and select "Properties"
·           Go to the "Identity" tab on the properties dialog.
·           Select "The interactive user."
·           Click the "OK" button.
·           Switch to the services console
·           Start the service automating Excel
·           Test you application again.


Enable Windows authentication in IIS if excel application in your site prompting for credentials.