Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SSRS report – SharePoint list error: an error occurred when accessing the specified SharePoint list. The connection string might not be valid

While creating the report by using SharePoint list, I got an error saying that “an error occurred when accessing the specified SharePoint list. The connection string might not be valid” as shown the image below.



I have checked all the possibilities for the error by changing the credentials in the report. It didn’t worked for me. Changed the connection string URL. Restarted BI development studio and Restarted Reporting services and finally restarted the machine too... No luck. L
By checking more than half day I have found the cause. The reason is, I have changed my VPN password recently and disabled UAC in my machine. So by connection the site, it is using my old password stored in windows vault.

We have to change the stored credentials in windows vault by using the steps below,
Navigate to Windows vault and in Windows credentials section select the site and update the credentials.




Now Iam able to access the list from SharePoint list  

Share this

0 Comment to "SSRS report – SharePoint list error: an error occurred when accessing the specified SharePoint list. The connection string might not be valid"

Post a Comment